Friday, March 17, 2006

Why the Plow Has Been Derelict in her Blogging Duties

So, it's been a long week. I know that my tens of fans have been depressed. My family was here and I had the Comic Strip audition this week. So, in a nutshell, it was bananas.
Mainly, the Comic Strip audition was what I wanted to talk about and piggyback on Josh's blog. I think I got a really good tape out of it and the crowd was supportive. I did some old jokes that I tweaked and worked on with my homie Josh. My grandma got harassed by Jessica Kirson and she loved it!!!! Yay!!!!!
So, the audition. I did my classics and tried to stay calm. Apparently, I didn't. I must have appeared nervous. Which, full disclosure, I was. This was big time and it matters. It matters a lot. But, the feedback was great. Starla gave me props on my jokes and said that my construction and joke writing was far ahead of my year in comedy. But, she told me I was a deer in the headlights. I was honest with her and told her how nervous I was at the venue and how much it meant. She said she understood, but I gotta get over it. It was very positive. She said she hopes to see me at the next audition and that I knock it out of the park.
So, the next year is all about confidence. It's about stagetime and joke writing. The feedback made me feel like I'm on the right path. I also told her that for me, joke writing is my goal and it was good to hear I'm on the right path.

No comments: