Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscar Re-Cap




So, I'm just going to write few random thoughts about the Oscars. In my famous and barely literate way, I'll use bullet points to get the messages across.
  • I thought John Stewart did a very good job. The show ran on time and he realized he didn't need to hog. The ad bits about campaigning for Oscars was fun. And, his best line was "I think it just got easier for a pimp."
  • Speaking of, as much as I worship Dolly, "It's Hard Out there for a Pimp" was the song that best represented its film. I take issue with the chorus having to change bitches to witches. Um, pimps and bitches go together like peanut butter and jelly.
  • "Crash" won and was the only real surprise. It was a good film. But, "Brokeback Mountain" and "Good Night and Good Luck" were better made films in my opinion. And, I don't think homophobia hurt Brokeback, I think overstauration did.
  • The Robert Altman honorary Oscar made me happy. He gave a short speeach that was self-effacing and humble. I love that man. "No one has gotten a bigger break than me."
  • As they showed the clips of his films, Joe looks at me and goes, "He never won an Oscar?" I reminded him that neither him or Martin Scorsese have won.
  • Lily Tomlin and Meryl Streep were amazing and natural giving a speech in the style of an Altman film. I wish I was Lily Tomlin
  • I also love George Clooney. I usually don't quote Sex and the City, but Clooney is the Armani of men. Classic, smart, and always in style.
  • Finally, the show ran on time, good work was rewarded, and the montages were nice.

Now, enjoy my wrap-up and every other person's wrap up.

1 comment:

lichstars said...

nice wrap up.