Thursday, March 23, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

So, there are many things in this world that due to where I live, my education level, etc. that I should not like. But, I can't help it. I love these things.

  • curly fries with cheese from Arby's
  • the musical career of Jennifer Lopez (that new song with LL Cool J is phenomenal.)
  • judge shows (Greg Mathis is the gangsta of justice)
  • vacations in Daytona Beach
  • chicken sandwiches from Burger King
  • NY 1's "In the Papers" segment hosted by Pat Kiernan
  • The Planet if the Apes films
  • Jem and the Holograms
  • Classic Fantastic Four plotlines
  • Maury Povich
  • the books of Jaqueline Susann
  • the books of Anne Rice
  • teen series books (Gossip Girl, Meg Cabot, Francine Pascal)
  • Weather on the 1's
  • Star on Ice and other traveling skating shows
  • spelling bees on ESPN
  • world's strongest men competitions
  • Wendy Williams

Why did I write this? Because as I watched Fox News (to know my enemy) and saw an advertisement for Branson, Missouri. Bart Simpson summed up it up best. "Branson is Vegas for people like Flanders." The sick part is, as I watched the commercial I thought about going there. Why? Because deep down, all of us are week for cheese and kitsch. It's human nature, I think

But, even with these guilty pleasures, there are things that I will never like.

  • Larry the Cable Guy
  • Siegfried and Roy
  • the circus
  • mini-vans
  • racist, homophobic jokes (see Larry the Cable Guy)
  • arena football
  • Hannity and Colmes
  • "Date my Mom"
  • Dip Set (Cam'Ron, Juelz Santana, Jim Jones)
  • Michael Baisden
  • Books from Triple Crown Publications

No comments: