Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Meet the Knicks



So, last night before my standard Tuesday show I went to a special event for season ticket holders. This is my husband and I's first year with the Knicks. We had Nets tickets for two years. But, the distance, horrible fans, and lack of caring that made us leave. Joe was upset because he was banking on their move to Brooklyn because they would have been within walking distance.

But, I digress. The Knicks, as anyone who follows sports knows, are atrocious. But, truly, and I don't want to talk about this too much. Isaiah Thomas is horrible and Stephon Marbury stinks. But, if you look at the new guys and what they could be doing, it's a shame. I have a feeling Marbury will be traded in the offseason and they will magically win a lot more games next season.

Again, another digression. As a thank you to fans, the Knicks had a big event. There was free food, autographs, and games. We got a DVD about the history of the Knicks. I got to meet my favorite player Nate Robinson. He was friendly, cute, and really connected with the fans. BTW, he had his dunk contest trophy with him.

Joe got to meet his favorite player Channing Frye. But, he was a little sad. He thought Frye was aloof. But, I did make the point that being a talented athlete does not make you friendly or not socially awkward. Joe basically acknowlegded the truth in my statement and as usual, I win.

Later today, I am going to try to load pics of the event on my myriad of blogs. Be on the lookout.

Joe said he will get season tickets again because the Knicks have made him feel like they care.

1 comment:

cakegrrl said...

looks fun, doll... :)
hugs from California and the Sacto Kings...