Thursday, July 12, 2007

The World Series of Pop Culture (A Conspiracy Theory)

So, VH1 has started up their competition "The World Series of Pop Culture" again. And, once again, they did not advertise the tests and on-line auditions. For 2 years in a row they have stymied my attempts for pop cultural dominance. I have a good feeling by either through the on-line test or by creating an uber-team that $250,000 would be mine.

Now, why did I label this conspiracy? Because, I am pretty sure VH1 wants to keep it under wraps so that the viewer at home can answer almost as many as the talent. I think if they made the testing rounds widely advertised they would end up getting the savant types that surf the net all day, watch every pop culture show, and basically consume pop culture in a single minded way. By advertising in smaller markets like Chicago, Austin, Miami, and not NYC or LA, they keep the number of people in the pop culture industry or who are just savvy.

Why do I care? Because I want approximately $77,000 ($250,000 split 3 ways before taxes) and I think I would at least have a chance. I'm not sure where I am going with all this. I was just mad watching the show last night and wiping the floor, by myself, with every team.

Oh well, maybe next year.

No comments: