Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Amy Awards Part I: The Top 10 List

As we head into the new year and get ready for Oscars I am posting my 10 Favorite Movies (and 5 runners-up) for the year 2006. Part II will be posted later this week with many special awards given out. Now, on with our show!

1. Children of Men
2. Idiocracy
3. The Departed
4. The Devil Wears Prada
5. The Fountain
6. Stranger than Fiction
7. Dreamgirls
8. The Prestige
9. The Last King of Scotland
10. (tie) Half Nelson/ CSA: The Confederate States of America

Runners-Up: Brick, Little Miss Sunshine, A Prairie Home Companion, Jet Li's Fearless, and A Scanner Darkly.

Get ready for round 2. I fully expect lots of comments on my amazing list!

1 comment:

Josh Homer said...

Oh Amy,
We differ so much on our movie choses.
1) Children of Men - we had that discussion already
2) Idocracy - a solid pick, anything with Maya Rudolph gets my vote, and this movie was smart and funny. We should have written it
3) The Departed - I saw the original. This was a good movie, but Martin did not add too much, he changed the overall spead of the movie and added a little to the ending. I liked it.
4) TDWP - I lived that life with a bunch of Anna W wannabes. I didn't really like the movie because in real life Anna is still the same.
5) The Foutain - did not see it, waiting for video
6) STF - got very bored during this one.
7) Dreamgirls - Never really like musical movies, love Broadway though. Taking Nadia to see The Color Purple for V-day.
8) The Prestige - Great movie, but I discovered a plot hole.
9) Last King of Scottland - I am going to see this soon
10) Half Nelson - did not see
CSA - Hilarious, but when I was it I was mad as hell as the old white people lauging in the theater at parts that (I don't think) were intended to be funny.

Little Miss Sunshine is in my top 10, Borat too. I forget all the movies I see, I see so many. How come The Tape did not make your top 10?