Saturday, June 03, 2006

Being Amy Patrick


So, I decided to write to keep everyone up with by bi-yearly bout of bronchitis. I have been sick for about three days and today it hit the jackpot. The weather change, my asthma, and my husband being sick all lead to a perfect storm of illness. Huzzah!
But, today, although I am feeling better, I look worse. I went to the gym to sweat out toxins, yes I believe that shit, and it worked. It worked too well. It broke my fever. After the gym I went to my DJ spinning class at Scratch. I was sweating like Whitney Houston for the entire class. It was beautiful. I was coughing, sweating, and sniffing. I might have slightly looked like a drug addict.

So, I'm back home with a fan on my face so I can sweat in piece. I might go to a movie later. Hopefully, the AC in theater will be blasting so noone will notice that I was just at Clive Davis's farewell party singing with my husband, the king of R&B.

For you Chris Rock fans that can translate to rocks and blunts or ribs and bar-b-que.

I have a ton of shows booked next week, so please pray to whatever higher power you believe in for my recovery. Every little bit helps!

"Crack is wack". Words to live by.

1 comment:

cakegrrl said...

that was an awesome post, ames! nice job! :) made me smile.