Sunday, May 21, 2006

Fliering with the Famous



So, I just got back from a tough room that I fliered for. The place is great, the other comics were great, and I have had amazing sets there. Tonight the crowd was tough, but every laugh was worked for. So, I did feel a bit of success.

But, I was able to flier in Times Square. Amazingly, Cee-Lo, rapper from Goodie Mob and currently out with the combo Gnarls Barkley was walking by. I said, "hey Cee Lo" and tried to sound like I knew him. It worked. He turned around and so did his friends. I worked my Amy magic and he took a flier. His friends laughed at my chutzpah and also took fliers.

They did not come to the show. But, they have my flier. Maybe they'll think about it and come another time.

I think the value in this lesson is to always be brave and do what you need to do.

I am so happy about this story, I've posted it on all my blogs! I'm such a loser.

No comments: