Saturday, March 15, 2008

I'm Toxic!

Joe convinced me to order Kinoki Foot Pads. He is a sucker for anything vaugly Asian and holisitic seeming. I'm pretty sure he was some kind of Japanese peasant in a former life. I digress. So, the whole thing with these pads is that you place them on alternating feet every night. Slowly the pads get less gross because your toxins have been leached out of your feet.

Much of this seems like Eastern philosophy hokum. It also plays into the whole idea of bodily humors. I'm pretty sure that idea went out of style after the Restoration.

And yet, I am using them for the past few days. I was hoping to see what would happen. And guess what? After two days my bodily humors are still full of crap. I am still pulling off pitch black foot pads. I have to say, I'm a little nervous. What if I have to use foot pads for the next ten years. Will they ever clear up? I'm starting to worry.

So, I know they are nothing but a scam and yet I am drawn in. What is it that makes rational humans believe nonsense and pseudo science? I don't think I'll ever know.

But, should my feet finally get clean, I will let you know.

No comments: