Thursday, August 30, 2007

Amy's Summer Round-Up

What I Liked:
Black Girls dressing like Valley Girls circa 1984. I love big pearls and neon.
1408, Stardust, Superbad, and very little else.
US Open tennis. Serena Williams WILL win. I'm betting money on it
USA Basketball. We did great and it got me amped for the upcoming season.
More skateboarding and less thugging
My work with Generation Stockholm

What I Didn't:
The continued dominance of most southern rap. I'm over it.
The entire movie season. (read previous blog)
Scott Baio is 45...and Single. What a jerk this guy is. It was almost laughable, and a special place of hate for his friend "Johnny V."
All the sports drama. Who cares? Just watch sports, every job is filled with jerks.
No good summer shows, excluding Big Love.

Songs of the Summer:
National Player's Anthem (UGK f/ Outkast)
Stronger (Kanye West)
Tambourine (Eve)
The Way I Are (Timbaland and some other people I don't know)
Lovestoned (Justin Timberlake)
Rehab (Amy Winehouse)
Drivin' Me Wild (Common f/ Lily Allen)
The entire Mark Ronson album version (a must buy. Trust me!)

Songs I Wish Would Die:
Umbrella- Horrible. The "ella/ella/ey/ey" crap made my ears bleed.
Hey there Delilah- I liked this sone when Simon and Grafunkle was recording it 40 years ago.
Big Girls Don't Cry- But, I do bleed out of my eyeballs when Fergie tries to sing.

No comments: