Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Lessons I Learned at the LCS Auditions

So, after a long night, a decent audition, and some napping, I am ready to share the lessons I learned from Last Comic Standing. My loyal fans will know that this is being done in a similar format to the lessons I learned at the Apollo auditions.

On with the lessons.
  • Always wear gloves and a hat no matter how not cold you are at the beginning.
  • Having someone like Josh putting up a tent can help your night.
  • Having an Irish Pub nearby open until 4am is helpful for using the bathroom.
  • Gotham is filled with stand up people (no pun intended)
  • Delusion doesn't have to have grandeur, just a vessel for its sadness. There were people in the line who had no idea what to do or what comedy was all about. I don't think this helps comedy at all.
  • Diners are good for 8 cups of coffee, a bathroom, and breakfast after 2 hours of sleep.
  • And finally, Adrienne will make sure you get no sleep. Trust me on this on.

For me, the audition was a learning experience. I have been trying to be more zen about things. I got to do several jokes, figured out what to do better, and made some decisions about my comedy from what I learned.

Without my husband or my comedy husband this never would have even happened. I am glad I was pushed.

To everyone with a dollar and a dream, good luck.

And to Extreme Maggie...you are a sexy bitch! Good luck. I'm going to Home Depot right now in honor of you.

1 comment:

I'm The Domination Of The World! said...

Hey amy it's me destiny