Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Worst. Dream. Ever.

I know this can't be normal. I had a dream about auditioning for the Comic Strip. My dream was so vivid and real that it upset for as few days. Once you read this dream. You might be able to see why I was so disturbed.In my dream, Starla introduces me and I go on stage. I get heckeld and the crowd is openly hostile. So, I start doing crowd work. I mean, I do no jokes. I just go at the audience. Everyone, including myself, is stunned. I am not getting anywhere. And, it is at this moment when the wheels come off the comedy wagon in my dream.

I take my shirt off. And my bra. I am totally topless. My boobs are just out for the world to see. And I continue to do crowd work. While this is happening it's like I split. I am not scared about being topless. I am more upset about bombing. But I am also watching myself from above in horror. I can't believe I am doing this. I feel like I am doing everything I can. But, I'm not. I do my last desperate act.I take off my pants. I am now on stage completely naked.

As I stand there nude I am given the light. I pick up my clothes and leave the stage. I go and stand around naked. I talk to Josh and Sim and they both ask me what happened. Never mind the elephant in the room, the conversation is straight comedy. They can't believe how bad I did. They bring up the crowd work. All I can do is cry and say, "I wasn't ready. I thought I got a practice set."

So, I think we all know where this story ends. I do not get passed. Starla basically asks me if I am mentally ill. I am banned from the Strip. However, she tells me to get more practice.

I leave and that's when I woke up.

I can only hope Oct. 13th goes better than my dream.

No comments: