Tuesday, December 13, 2005

'Tis the Season

So, it's almost Christmas. And, to quote Andy Williams "It's the most wonderful time of the year." I love the holidays. Gifts, trees, lights, food, it's all good. But, for me the toppper of Christmas is the music. I wanted to give everyone with a CD burner of iPod can make the perfect mix for the holidays. These are just a few of my favorites.


  • This Christmas Donny Hathaway
  • All I Want for Christmas is You Mariah Carey (the song Phil Spector wishes he did)
  • Baby, Please Come Home Darlene Love (the song Phil Spector blessed us with)
  • Merry Christmas Otis Redding
  • Oh Holy Night any artist (just make sure they nail the "fall on your knees" part)
  • Christmas in Hollis Run DMC ("It's Christmas time in Hollis Queens/ Mom's cookin' chicken and collard greens")
  • Santa Claus is Coming to Town Bruce Springsteen (accept no substitutes)
  • What Christmas Means to Me Stevie Wonder
  • Last Christmas WHAM!
  • Christmas Time is Here/Linus and Lucy (you know it and love it, always gets me ready to dance)
  • Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time Wings
  • So, This is Christmas John Lennon
  • Gee Whiz, it's Christmas Carla Thomas
  • Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth David Bowie and Bing Crosby (always makes me chuckle and is actually a beautiful song)

So, I hope this gets you nice and Christmased up! Happy Holidays to all of my buddies, the readers, and this whole dysfunctional but lovable country I call home.

No comments: