Thursday, October 27, 2005

Amy's Movie Reviews

I know, I know you're wondering, "Amy, why haven't you written many movie reviews? We know you love movies." Well, I haven't been seeing as many movies as I like. Sports, theater, and the stresses of work for me and Joe, the movies have been fewer. We're going to try to see a few this weekend and try to catch up. But, here are some reviews of the last few things I have seen.
  • A History of Violence (dir. David Cronenberg) Formally structured this film is well made and acted well. Viggo Mortensen is sexy in an off kilter way. The story keeps you thinking. However, it's not that engaging. You feel distanced from the action. The message in the story and the formalism makes it critic bate. But, I don't think many people are going to really enjoy it.
  • Wallace and Gromit: The Mystery of the Were-Rabbit (dir. Nick Park) So great. I love animation and especially animation that tries new things. Both stop motion and claymation add a layer of expressiveness that traditional and computer animation cannot touch. The story is very cute and funny. There are jokes for kids and adults and the rabbits are too cute. Check it out.
  • Roll Bounce (dir. Malcolm Lee) I loved this movie! Corny and small in scope, the film delivers. Charlie Murphy and Mike Epps bring some nice comic touches and Chi McBride is great as the father who tries to hold on after the death of his wife. The film has a positive message and the skating and music are great. I think that Bow Wow is not much of an actual "actor", but he has real charisma on screen.
  • Good Night and Good Luck (dir. George Clooney) George Clooney is my dream man; sexy, talented, an old school liberal and very funny. This film is a labor of love for him and it shows. He loves the news and reporting. I'm sure his dad had a lot to do with that. The film is shot is a no-frills black and white style. When you watch it, you feel like it was actually made in the 1950's. Not the greatest story, but an important one.
  • Stay (dir. Marc Foster) An interesting and well-directed film. The plot will keep you guessing. I won't give anything away, but to say that you will have several reactions that you won't find out are wrong until the end. The acting is very good and the music will haunt you for days. I was a little disappointed in the ending. I wanted something a little more supernatural. However, worth checking out to give your brain a workout.

I hope that these reviews tide you over until I can come up with something else. I will also be writing about some of the crappy TV I've had to watch while I work part-time.

3 comments:

cakegrrl said...

Happy Birthday, SEXY!!!

Have you seen shopgirl yet?
I want to see that.

Anonymous said...

in list not opt spam

teen girls masturbation stories said...

``Whats going on. The kids had a good view of that action and saw him pumpher pussy full of cum.
real bestiality stories
interracial lesbian love stories
adult bisexual gloryhole stories
very young erotic stories
xnxx free stories
``Whats going on. The kids had a good view of that action and saw him pumpher pussy full of cum.