Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Destiny's Child R.I.P.

So, Destiny's Child has officially broken up and this tour is their last. They said they wanted to end on an up note. And, I actually believe them. Unlike, The Supremes, who they are always compared to there are several differences:
  • Beyonce is a stronger singer than Diana Ross and is as good of an actress. Luckily her big movie musical moment coming in 2006 is better suited to her age than The Wiz was for Dirty Diana.
  • Michelle Williams and Kelly Rowland have made more money independent of the band than Mary Wilson or Flo Ballard ever did. They have done films, theater, and solo albums.
  • The Knowles family is not Berry Gordy and have a much better reputation for their client management and not known to steal money.

So, I wish them the best. I am a huge fan. In fact I just got my tickets for Madison Square Garden in July. I will be there wishing them luck.

No comments: